Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Pop Shop | Collingswood, New Jersey

This place is really noisy, but the food is pretty good. I didn't realize it until after I ordered, but one of their grilled cheese sandwiches (they have several) was featured on Throw Down with Bobby Flay. Had I known that ahead of time, I would have ordered it instead of my tuna melt.

The Pop Shop
729 Haddon Avenue
Collingswood, NJ 08108
(856) 869-0111
Website
Follow on Twitter
Like on Facebook

The inside is reminiscent of an old soda pop shop. Note the flavored syrups behind the bar.


The menu is made of newsprint and reads like a newspaper.


Being that we were at a soda shop, I was compelled to order something from their fountain drink menu: a Cherry Cream Coke.


This is the tuna melt. It was light on mayo, but heavy on tuna and cheese. It was served atop a toasted artisan rye.


Julie was going to order "Buffalo Tofu Wings," but they were out so she opted for the "Health Nut" sandwich instead


When I checked in on Foursquare, I saw that we could get a free order of fries with a milkshake. My brother got the shake and we scored this basket of fries. This was the very first time I have ever taken advantage of one of Foursquare's specials.


Mom went with a classic mac and cheese dish.


Dad was craving some breakfast so he got eggs, biscuit, and hashbrowns.

No comments:

Post a Comment