Saturday, December 12, 2009

Café Kaila | Honolulu, Hawaii

Let me start by saying that I WANT to like this place, I really do. The food is excellent and I'm all about supporting local businesses, but my wife and I have had one too many bad experiences that will likely keep us from coming back. So what happened? Well, once we waited almost TWO HOURS for our food. Granted, it was crowded at the time, but TWO HOURS?! I could have walked across the parking lot to buy groceries at Foodland, gone home, cooked myself a meal, and consumed it in less time than that. Another time, our waitress seemed like she didn't want to be there and it was pretty obvious she didn't want us there either. Excuse me, but I thought it was nice to have customers in your restaurant. Today was the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back. The waitress asked my wife if she would like a refill on her plantation iced tea. My wife politely said, "no thank you, it was a little sour." So here comes the kicker... the waitress goes to the back of the restaurant to where the other employees are hanging out and says, "yeah, like I purposely put in the sour sauce." The rest of the staff then went on to make other comments about sour this and sour that, all within earshot of where we were sitting. WHAT. THE. #*$@?! I don't know if we've ever been treated so despicably.

Café Kaila
2919 Kapiolani Boulevard
Honolulu, HI 96826-3503
(808) 732-3330

Wifey ordered the Lox, but asked to sub avocado for the salmon. Everything was really fresh. Like I said, the food is excellent.


I ordered a spinach and mushroom omelette, but ended up with spinach and onion. How you mistake "mushroom" for "onion" is beyond me, but still, it wasn't bad and I probably would've overlooked it had we received better service.

1 comment:

  1. Fail.

    I had heard good things about this place on Twitter, but thanks for saving me a trip and a waste of kala. :D

    ReplyDelete