Monday, November 22, 2010

It Gets Better...

Seldom do I write about controversial social issues in this blog, but this tweet by Ryan Ozawa (@hawaii) really drew me in to the "It Gets Better Project". After watching the Pixar employee video, I found myself clicking on clip after clip (I posted a few of the notable ones below, but you can see all the videos here).
As a parent, it is my sincerest prayer that my son will grow up in a world that knows no hate; a place where we treat each other like human beings and embrace our differences, instead of ostracizing the ones who don't conform. The sad reality is quite the opposite: bigotry and intolerance prevail. What can I possibly do that will make a difference? I have made a personal commitment to instill in my son the values of acceptance and compassion. I can only hope that as he matures, he will see beyond an individual's skin color, social status, sexual preference or religious views and accept people for who they are. I say this because (not in spite) of the fact that I am a Christian. I believe the God I serve loves you just as much as He does me and He has a plan and a purpose for each and every one of us.





1 comment:

  1. For some reason this campaign makes me want to cry and I've never experienced anything like those brave people. I'm just amazed by them.

    ReplyDelete