Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Bombasha Brazilian Steakhouse | Nashville, Tennessee

I am a huge fan of Brazilian food, but it's so hard to find in Honolulu. We either have to make it ourselves (Julie has a killer recipe for vegetarian Feijoada) or drive out to the Crouching Lion Inn on Brazilian Day to get it. Imagine my joy when I discovered a Churrascaria (Brazilian steakhouse) in Nashville, just a few miles from my hotel.

The meat was so tender that it cut easily with a butter knife and the selection at the salad bar was a notch or two above the typical greens, cucumber, cherry tomato, and dressing. In addition to the delectable food, the service was impeccable. The Passadores and other wait help were quick and efficient. Because the experience was so amazing, I might have to go back again before flying home ;)

Bombasha Brazilian Steakhouse
2000 Belcourt Avenue
Nashville, TN
(615) 463-0021
Follow on Twitter
Like on Facebook

The restaurant is located near the heart of trendy Hillsboro Village, not far from Vanderbilt University.


I sampled the asparagus, Caprese salad, roasted pepper, artichoke heart and some cheese. I know this salad plate looks sparse, but I was there for the meat!


The pão de queijo (cheese bread) is traditionally made with tapioca flour, which gives it a chewy texture. Think of it as a Brazilian mochi-cheese biscuit.


I believe this is a flank steak. It was darn near the best piece of meat I have ever eaten and I would certainly go back just for this.


Here's my plate a few minutes after I started. On the far left is a piece of bacon-wrapped filet. I thought it was going to be awesome, but it was overdone. I firmly believe steak is meant to be eaten rare or medium rare, which is why I thoroughly enjoyed the flank and sirloin, pictured in the middle. On the right is a piece of sausage.


This Parmesan pork was another morsel of awesome. It was rich, but the meat was moist and very tasty.


Here are some of the sides served with the meal. From the top are banana fritters, rice, and beans.


I was also given fried cassava or yuca and mashed potatoes. While these were all good, a little Couve à Mineira (sauteed greens) would have taken things to a whole new level.

No comments:

Post a Comment